WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a passionate and talented Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in AI Software Engineering and help build the next generation of analytics solutions. Our product offerings span from fully custom-build to industry or functional specific solutions. You'll have the chance to partner with clients across a variety of BCG regions and industry areas, enabling them to design, build, and deploy cutting-edge analytics solutions. As a core member of BCG GAMMA, you will also have the opportunity to work seamlessly with other specialty teams within Digital BCG-a constellation of digital teams focused on driving practical results for our clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Passionate about data engineering, software development, and transforming organizations into analytics led, innovative companies
- Able to apply leading data engineering practices and standards into robust, maintainable solutions
- Can develop abstract analytics models to solve complex problems for decision analysis
- Actively involved in every part of the software development life cycle
- Successful at distilling complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations and explain sophisticated data concepts in an understandable manner both verbally and written
- Experienced at guiding non-technical teams and consultants in understanding analytics at scale, infrastructure as code and best practices for robust software development
- Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and interacting directly with clients on new features for future product releases
- Enjoy collaborating in teams to share software design and solution ideas
- A natural problem-solver and intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field with at least 2 years of experience. Advanced degrees may be weighted towards years of experience
- Experience in a data engineering environment and working with global and remote teams
- Proficiency with analytic software programming ideally in python, C++, or SCALA
- Fluency with scaling data science methods
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code principles
- Fluency with the storage, manipulation and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures
- Cloud: AWS/Azure/Google
- Data: SQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Ability to travel based on client and business needs. This could range from 40 - 75%.
NICE TO HAVE
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Terraform, unix-based command line
- Understanding of parallel computing
- Full stack development: GraphQL, React
- Data Science and machine learning (Pandas, Scikit learn)
Your colleagues will combine innovative skillsets in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics and machine learning with deep industry expertise. You will work with teams to own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing, building, and deploying of analytics solutions, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our data analytics and artifical intelligence professionals mix deep domain expertise with advanced analytical methods and techniques to develop innovative solutions that help our clients tackle their most pressing issues. We design algorithms and build complex models out of large amounts of data.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At BCG, we care about our people, and offer best in class benefits to support you personally and professionally throughout your different life experiences including:
- Attractive insurance package covering 100% of the premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Access to affordable medical and behavioral health care via phone, online video and mobile visits as a partner of Teladoc, the largest provider of telehealth consultations in the US
- Generous parental leave and family planning and support benefits throughout your journey to grow your family including coverage of elective egg freezing and in-vitro-fertilization, as well as surrogacy and adoption reimbursement programs. We also partner with Bright Horizons to offer emergency back-care programs.
- Growing presence in the tech community and ability to expand your network by participating in large industry conferences including Grace Hopper, SXSW, Women Who Code and more!
- Health perks like free access to Headspace, fitness reimbursements, and more
- A best in class workplace ranked multiple years in the top 10 of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to work for, recognized as the #1 company where women are happiest by Fairygodboss and ranked by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) as one the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
*Benefits listed may vary depending on the country where you work.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.