Can you imagine working for a company where you can follow your passion? A company that offers a fulfilling career path, instead of just a job? A company with great benefits? A company that values you?Why Choose Langley?We strive to be the best place you have ever worked and that starts with providing great employee benefits from day one!Health:Two Medical Plan Options
- Dental Coverage
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Free flu shots
- 13 paid holidays (including your birthday and the day after Thanksgiving)
- Paid vacation(three weeks for full time employees, and one and a half weeks for part time employees)
- Paid sick time for all employees
- Very competitive 401K with 6% company match
- Success sharing annual bonus
- Company paid short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care flexible benefits
- Educational assistance (to include books, labs, registration fees and more)
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Career developmentopportunities
- Legal Resources
- Movie tickets
- Themepark tickets
The Data Engineer is responsible for the analysis of raw data, developing and maintaining datasets, and improving data quality and efficiency. Combines raw information from different data sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats. Helps define and implement our data governance strategy across our organization. Develops and tests architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modeling. Maintains our existing SQL Server-based Data Warehouse including making changes to the database structure. You will be a crucial member of our Data Science team, driving data solutions for new and existing products within an Agile environment. Works both collaboratively with other Data Science team members and with the business unit stakeholders to design and engineer data-related solutions.Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a primary Data Engineer in analyzing raw data, developing and maintaining datasets, and improving data quality and efficiency.
- Understanding of Data Governance operating model that includes designing and implementing metadata model maps and lineage across data assets.
- Designing and developing Data Governance technology solutions that span data quality, data dictionary & business glossaries, data standards & policies, and data lineage & catalogs.
- Creates data pipelines, big data platform, and data integrations in databases.
- Designs, develops, tests, tunes, and implements database objects and any supporting PL/SQL and T-SQL scripts using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Documents various data structures.
- Analyzes source data from our SQL Server-based Data Warehouse for potential data quality issues and addresses those issues.
- Develops and executes ETL solutions to migrate data between disparate applications.
- Automate data processing tasks by writing scripts, functions, and automated task jobs.
- Create and apply algorithms to extract and analyze data from different sources including SQL Server, Tableau, and MySQL.
- Employs industry best practices in implementing database maintenance, data science, and data engineering concepts.
Our Keys to Success:
- Four-year degree from a college or university specializing in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field(s) required and must have completed coursework in PL/SQL scripting and MS SQL Server platform.
- Five years related experience; or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field along with at least Three years related experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding and composing complex queries in PL/SQL
- Tracing data flows across complex Data Structures, Databases, and/or Data Warehouse(s)
- Writing, editing, and tuning stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
- Database schema design and relational data models
- Data and web service integration
- Data Analysis
- ETL processes
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment experience working with Configuration Management tools (i.e., Bitbucket, Bamboo, Github).
- Service Champion - Adopts a service orientation, building trusting relationships and delivering value for associates, members, and communities.
- Langley Ambassador - Demonstrates a passion for Langley s vision, encouraging diversity, equity and inclusion while considering Langley s values when making decisions and taking accountability for delivering results.
- Agile in Action - Adapts to changes in the business, demonstrating innovation to improve Langley and advance the business into the future.
- Team Driven - Collaborates across Langley, communicating with transparency and prioritizing a team-based approach that delivers optimal outcomes for associates, members, and communities.
- Continuous Learner - Maintains an understanding of Langley s business and how value is delivered to members and actively pursues opportunities to grow oneself and strengthen the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)