Lowes Foods is proud to be a local employer! We offer great pay (get paid weekly or opt in Daily Pay!), flexible schedules, and excellent benefits including a discount for shopping, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401K and Pension Plan, and more!
To supervise and ensure that Lowes Foods guest service, merchandising programs, and departmental operation is maintained in the grocery department.
1. Ensure guests receive polite, friendly service from the grocery department staff.
2. Achieve budgeted sales, wage percent, and profits for the grocery department.
3. Maintain desired level of inventory and supplies to maximize sales and minimize excessive inventory.
4. Operate the department according to merchandising and operational guidelines and programs.
5. Ensure the quality of product for sale meets Lowes Foods standards.
6. Maintain sanitation and safety throughout the department including the backroom according to Lowes Foods standards.
7. Provide guidance, orientation, training and feedback to ensure grocery department hosts achieve satisfactory performance standards.
8. Perform product stocking and guest service as necessary to achieve standards.
9. Maintain department's staffing and scheduling standards.
10. Control grocery shrink through proper implementation of the stock loss program.
11. Ensure proper pricing and item scanning through price audits and proper scanning procedures.
12. Ensure backroom is properly maintained.
13. Ensure advertised items are available, signed and are scanning correctly.
14. Help prepare grocery department for grocery inventory.
15. Works with Store Manager and Receiver to maintain product level and conditions associated with vendor product.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 40 lbs. consistently and 60 lbs. occasionally.
4. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
5. 1-3 years of supermarket knowledge.
6. Ability to supervise people including training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
9. Ability to bend, kneel, stand, push/pull stock carts and operate pallet jack for extended periods of time.