Is your career taking you where you want to go?
When it began in 1924, Saia LTL Freight covered a two-state area: Louisiana and Texas. Today, Saia is one of the most successful carriers in the U.S., providing nationwide less-than-truckload (LTL), non-asset truckload, and third-party logistics services. Headquartered in Johns Creek, Georgia, Saia is a fast growing company offering industry leading benefits and opportunities to inspire every member of our team. With over 12,000 employees dedicated to their jobs and our customers, you may discover your own career path at Saia. Job Summary
Saia is currently recruiting experienced Diesel Technicians to join our team. Don't miss this great opportunity to join one of the most successful LTL carriers in the U.S! As a Diesel Technician you will use your mechanical skills and expertise to diagnose failures, make repairs and maintain all systems and parts associated with class 6, 7, & 8 diesel powered tractors. Job Responsibilities
- Diagnosing failures and making repairs on mechanical, electrical, or other various systems on a vehicle
- Discussing the nature of the difficulty with the driver(s)
- Using hydraulic jacks or hoist, to gain access to the underside of the unit and to aid in the removal or replacement of assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials, springs, etc.
- Using electronic diagnostic tools and computer software to assist in the troubleshooting and repair of heavy duty trucks engine, braking, electrical, and cooling and exhaust systems
- 3+ years maintenance experience
- Maintenance lead person experience
- Training in diagnostic software and computerized tools for troubleshooting
- Electronic braking systems
- Experience rebuilding, repairing & fabricating aluminum & steel components
Pay Rate: 30.25 - 34.75 per hour, based on experienceBenefits
At Saia, your success is our success! That's why we work hard to provide you with what you need to build an awesome career. We are committed to rewarding superior employee performance so that when you work hard, your achievements won't go unnoticed. Our Mission
At Saia Inc., success comes down to taking care of the people who matter most - our customers, our employees and our shareholders. The rest will take care of itself.
To safely drive our customers' success with custom solutions built on the three pillars of our service-focused values: people, purpose and performance.
Saia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.