Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Oncology Registered Nurse RN PRN to join our healthcare family.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Oncology Registered Nurse RN PRN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, we are seeking highly-skilled and compassionate RN to deliver exceptional care to our oncology patients. As an Oncology Registered Nurse, you are responsible for demonstrating comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgical interventions. Oncology Care Unit is a 25-bed, remote telemetry unit. In addition to having comprehensive knowledge of chemotherapy agents, you will also demonstrate this knowledge and skill in the caring for all types of infusion lines, including but not limited to port-a-caths and PICC lines.
- You must be proficient in time management and communication skills
- You will provide pre-operative and post-operative care for a wide variety of surgical oncology cases (PCA, Epidurals, wound care, surgical drains, etc.)
- You will assess, monitor, record, report, and follow through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions
- You will consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patient's responses and conditions
- You will work closely with oncology-certified nurses and cancer experts with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute and Virginia Cancer Institute to create and implement a care plan to meet each patient's needs
- Our nursing staff cares for patients on hospice/end of life care as well as supporting families during the transition
- You will provide individualized education for the patient, family, and/or caregiver throughout the continuum of care
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse license in Virginia or a compact license
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification
- Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy certification preferred (required after 1 year of employment)
- Certification as an Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Henrico Doctors' Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women's health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Oncology Registered Nurse RN PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.