Offering $20K SIGN ON BONUS!
As a Home Health Physical Therapist, you will:
Plan and administer prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
Test/screen the patient's physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function and records findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives.
Develop/implement a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physician's Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
Confer with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
Provide Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care as related to therapy, supervise/evaluate staffs' performance. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
Accurately, promptly and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented
Report patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family. Submit evaluation, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program (approved by the APTA)
Minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred
Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy license
Current CPR certification
Strong organizational and communication skills
Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
- Master's Degree in physical therapy (will accept the physical therapists grandfathered into licensure prior to masters requirement)
- Current license to practice physical therapy; maintains licensure requirements including 24 hours of continuing education
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits
- ACHA Level II Clearance
- One year of appropriate experience as a physical therapist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and to making accommodation available to provide services to a diverse population
- Strong customer services skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours