Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
NACI (T1) Job Family:
Software Development GDIT, is seeking Python/JAVA Software Developer- Mid Level to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI).
This position is for a team member on the Archive Subsystem Team within NCEIs Data Stewardship Division. The work is primarily focused on supporting the team as an AWS cloud developer, with other responsibilities including NCEI Geoportal and Harvester operations, NCEI Metric Dashboard and GIS Map Viewer development.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
- US Citizenship required / Sponsorship not available / No Green Card
- BS + 4 - 8 years experience required or 8 years total experience.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Experience in AWS
- Experience with Scientific data formats (netcdf, hdf5 etc.)
- Experience with cloud data formats (cog, zarr, parquet)
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS software
- Familiarity with ISO 19115 xml
- Experience using Grafana and Kibana for dashboard development
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.