The Retention Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Portfolio Manager with retention of current residents and onboarding of occupied acquisitions, in an effort to maintain resident occupancy and retention goals. The Retention Administrator must maintain a positive relationship with our residents by providing excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists on all existing resident lease expirations and lease renewals
- Scheduling and conducting thorough in-person inspection of existing resident homes to review present conditions and habitability
- Cataloging outstanding issues / concerns with the residence. Where these exist, interface with The Company's Service Personnel to review and clear these concerns and provide follow-up where necessary with both the renewing resident and Service Personnel
- Determining appropriate recommendations (renew, renewal with landlord offer to upgrade residence, renew subject to resident clearing violations, or do not renew)
- Lease termination/accepting notices to vacate from residents
- Requests to add/remove pets
- Notifying resident of expectations and compliance to lease
- Managing violations and monitoring for follow up
- Provides support with resident relations while keeping record of all interactions
- Greet potential and current residents and visitors; assist them with questions and/or concerns
- Newsletters/birthday cards/seasonal notices/etc.
- Occupied acquisition notices
- Assists in coordinating and completing all Tenant-in-Place Acquisition onboarding
- Scheduling and conducting thorough in-person inspection of existing resident homes
- Cataloging outstanding issues / concerns with the residence
- Organizing and scheduling communication deadlines to properly on-board new Tenant-In-Place acquisitions
- Special projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High School diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in property management
- Must be organized and possess the ability to manage time and schedules
- Strong attention to details, analytical, interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude with computers, internet, network phone systems, MS Office and Salesforce
- Valid driver's license is a requirement
Prior management experience is not a requirement of the Retention Administrator but is highly recommended. While this position does not include managing other VineBrook employees, the role requires a heavy focus on the management of a process and set of responsibilities.
Local travel is required. Applicant must have a valid driver's license in the state in which the position is based. Regular inspections are necessary in order to maintain the value of our assets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Please be aware that a positive test could render you ineligible for hire. This includes positive tests for medical and recreational Marijuana. Candidates from states who have legalized Marijuana for medicinal and recreational use; VineBrook Homes, LLC considers this a positive result for an illegal substance.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.