As a Home Health Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy, regulation.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech-language pathologist
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Scheduled Weekly Hours