Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Job Family:
We are GDIT. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems and play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future!
GDIT Technology Shared Services (TSS) is your place! You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Test Engineer
you will be trusted to design and develop test along with testing requirements for products, systems, software and/or related technology. In this role, a typical day will include the responsibilities below:
- Planning and executing test scripts
- Developing functional knowledge in system applications
- Developing deep skills in testing mechanics
- Creating detailed test scripts using approved requirements, design, testing standards, and data input
- Coordinating with the Development teams Functional and Programmer analysts in the validation of requirements and design while creating the Test Plan and Scripts
- Submitting scripts to peer and supervisor review process and presenting scripts to client for approval before execution
- Identifying data required for execution
- Logging any deviations from script steps during execution to support proper QA and client review
- Working with development teams to resolve design issues discovered during testing phases
- Communicating software issues to the development teams
- Coordinating environment usage and job scheduling with other test team members
- Focusing on continuous improvement of the testing process by using automation tools, training, and quality/peer reviews
- Continuing to develop own industry, functional, technical, and administrative skills
- The position requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years of related testing experience
- Conceptual knowledge ofautomated testingtools/frameworks/languagessuch as Selenium, TestNG, NUnit, Junity, JMeter, Eggplant, Karma, etc.
- Conceptual knowledge on agileintegration.Workingas part of an agile team utilizing Scrum, XP, Kanban, or Scrumban
- Quality and Detail-orientated
- Ability to understand different software testing methodologies
- Familiarity of various SDLC methodologies
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team environment
- Candidate must be able to apply business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology to meet the teams overall test objectives
- Familiarity and understanding of Quality Assurance and Quality Control concepts
- Ensure all testing results are easily accessible and understandable
- Ability to track defects to closure and keep defect repository up to date
- Comfortable with little supervision; a self-starter, working in a remote environment with a geographically dispersed te
- Self-motivated, quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Due to the nature of the work performed and the privileged user access for this position, U.S. Citizenship AND the ability to obtain a secret clearance is required.
What GDIT can offer YOU:
- Some experience in service delivery or contact center handling tickets.
- Bilingual in Spanish (strong reading, writing, and speaking skills)
- Experience working in ServiceNow
- Reliability in Cloud computing knowledge/experience
- Performance testing experience desired
- Professional testing Certification (CSTE, ISTQB)
GDIT CAREERS Opportunity Owned
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The likely salary range for this position is $56,000 - $84,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match.To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available.We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.