AUTHENTICITY PASSION COMMUNITY INNOVATION ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. Alterra Mountain Company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail, and service businesses.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free Ikon Base Pass for all eligible employees, with additional free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denver s RiNo Art District neighborhood
Alterra Mountain Company is seeking an UX Manager to transform the way our customers experience digital products and services. This person will be a key partner in bringing to market the needs of various business units, helping to deliver quality that drives engagement and significantly improves customer experiences. The UX Manager will be responsible for managing an external UX team and communicating internally the UX output.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Help define the overall Digital UX strategy that defines the team s priorities and goals and delivers against our growth OKRs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, product, and technical leaders to gain alignment and shared understanding of the product vision and key goals
- Contribute to strategic decisions that shape the future of the Alterra Mountain Company customer experience
- Communicate design decisions, rationale, and direction through presentations and other documentation
- Partner with key stakeholders, product, and technical leaders to gain alignment and shared understanding of the product around its vision and key goals
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and articulate risks, trade-offs, and recommend priorities based on balancing customer needs, business needs and technical constraints.
- Gather feedback from others.
- Serve as subject matter expert for best practice User Experience Design
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, along with a basic understanding of system integrations and dependencies to implement scalable solutions
- Gather research that enhances customer experience by leveraging customer feedback, online trends, benchmarking, marketing/brand activities, click/usage data, etc
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Define and refine web strategy across all focus areas, looking for continuous improvement of the user experience.
- Works with user experience, design, and technology partners/teams to envision products that are usable and can be socialized and concept tested
- Work with relevant partners to determine ADA requirements and implementation strategy.
- Possesses forward-thinking and consistently explores emerging digital trends
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-8 years of UCD, UX, UI experience
- Proven experience working with multi-departmental teams in gather requirements and transforming those requirements to UX artifacts
- Proven ability to apply an analytical and data-driven approach to solving complex problems, building business cases, and justifying projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop solutions and communicate across all levels of the organization effectively.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain effective relationships with internal team members and other stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- College degree in design, user experience design, marketing, or psychology preferred
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $85,000 - $128,000 per yearPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.WORKING CONDITIONS
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is "at will" meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.